Do you think it’s important to teach our children the power of affirmation? On today’s episode of Financial Fluency, I’m excited to chat with Anna Lozano and Lindy Sood, founders of Love Powered Co. Love Powered Littles is a different kind of card deck for parents to use with their children to affirm greatness from within.
Lindy mentions on the show that both her and Anna had been on a separate (but simultaneous) road to self-discovery for quite some time. Once they both had children of their own, both women wanted to bring the practice of self-assured affirmation to their kids. Lindy and Anna mention the most compelling quality of their affirmation cards is what’s happening behind the scenes—the messages are being reprogrammed on a conscious and subconscious level with children, so they connect what they’re saying and doing.
The idea started with their own children. Anna and Lindy had their routine they’d do with their kids before bed, and it included repeatedly saying affirmations and thanking for their blessings. But the women realized that their children didn’t know what the words meant, and that’s when the lightbulb clicked—using a vocabulary children identify with - adorable characters to make the experience fun and relatable.
As stated from their website, the Love Powered Littles affirmation cards include:
- 22 Powers. These are the qualities of emotionally intelligent trailblazers. The POWERS we all have within us, that at times, we just need to be reminded of.
- Connection. Focus on the power of CONNECTION between parent and child. Leave the screen at the door, this is a time to be present, engaged and wholeheartedly connected.
- Conscious Awareness. Instead of 1 affirmation per card, they have grouped together 3 related terms + a statement to help our littles grasp the meaning of the words and how they all relate to each other.
- Examples & Feelings. Parents and children think of examples and 'times when', going even deeper and asking “How did this make you feel?” By connecting their own experiences to each POWER, and remembering how they felt, it helps our children to understand the words and statements they are saying, and connect deeper to the meaning behind them.
- Aesthetic. These cards are so darn adorable and just oh-so-delicious, they are certain that you and your littles will find it hard to wait to get your hands on them!
To find out more about Love Powered Co. visit their website: http://lovepoweredco.pagedemo.co/ or follow them on social media:
Founders, Anna Lozano and Lindy Sood are friends and soul sisters who realized that together, they have a powerful message to share with the world. Months ago, they started talking about what is lacking in the marketplace when it comes to personal growth products for families. Their mission is to create a self-worth movement, powering the next generation of mindful leaders.